Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My reading nook

...or napping, or sun-bathing...Who could pass up this delightful spot for any pleasant pastime? It's so warm and bright here, being under one of three very generous skylights in our house. The two largest are 8 by 8'. The presence of these portals of sunlight is one of the reasons we called our home The Greenhouse. Plants thrive in the balmy glow, as you can see by the picture of two of my oxygen-releasing friends. Those who breathe oxygen thrive as well. The other reasons for naming our home as we did: I love the color green~for everything; we're really into the whole organic thing; and we do have a tiny greenhouse on the premises (more on that later).

Grab your favorite volume and a cozy blanket, and soak up the rays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely reading nook - I would love to have a designated reading nook like that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele,

WHEW! I am glad I am not the only with the "whale" issue! ;)

Blessings!

Lavinia said...

I'm all agog at this beautiful little nook! I like to lay on the sofa in my sunroom to read, but something about bright sunlight makes me very sleepy...before long the books falls on the floor and I'm in zzzzz-land....does that ever happen to you? I think its a combination of warmth and comfort that relaxes one sooooooo much....

Mama B said...

Miss Ladyslipper, I know exactly what you mean! =)