Tuesday, September 30, 2008
The "rules" of the game are as follows:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
1. I have a hand-washing, germ-a-phobic OCD. You may have seen me using a napkin to open doors.
2. Just once, in high school, I sneaked out of the house wearing cut-off jean shorts, crochet fishnet tights, mock Doc Martins, and a flannel. Nothing too risque; but Mom would not have approved.
3. I passed up "sweet 16 and never been kissed"...I was kiss-less until I was 21. My first one was from my future husband (and he's still the only boy I've ever kissed).
4. I love Pauly Shore movies. Nauseating, I know. Bud-dy!
5. I read every word of my subscription magazines (Victoria and Martha); from contents to very last page.
6. I love crows. They are not usually liked by most people, but I think they're mysterious--and oddly cute.
Monday, September 29, 2008
1 stick of butter (I never recommend margarine--nasty stuff)
6 eggs (we are so happy to have our own suppliers, Misses Lizzy and Crow)
1 1/2 C flour
1 1/2 C milk
Melt the whole stick of butter in a 9x13 pan while you preheat the oven to 425*. Beat the eggs, flour and milk together (it's so handy to have a stand mixer), and pour the batter into the melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes. Drizzle with pure maple syrup and prepare to be wowed! This doesn't keep as nicely, but don't worry--there will be no leftovers.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Come back tomorrow for photos of the Victorian Homes Tour.
Friday, September 19, 2008
And the fresh new bathroom after much labor by man and beast.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
p.s. Since the results are not showing up very well with my color scheme, here they are:
50% for 1950's America (the winner!)
16% for Regency England
16% for Renaissance Italy
16% for Ancient Egypt
Friday, September 12, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Miss Pea (Morgan Presley) has been calling any animal that resembles a cat, "Ceo" for months now. And she has just recently learned that these same animals say, "mow". I just love early language development!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Little sister dreams of being a ballerina, too, someday.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Today we'll see my scrumptious kitchen. To fully appreciate the drastic change, I will include before and after photos.
Granted, I am in the process of "moving out" for remodeling here, but I think it still makes a statement--and not a good one.
I cannot even express how much I love this "heart of the home"! I was even tempted to sleep here when it was first finished. I can't decide what my favorite part is; the insanely gorgeous granite counters, the matching stainless appliances, the under-cabinet lighting, or maybe the beautiful heated slate floor that my sweet husband hand-tiled!