Monday, March 2, 2009

Bringing the sea

...to my bathroom. I grew up by the bay, so I long for reminders of aquatic regions. These are all treasures I've picked up on visits to the beach, from the cold, misty Pacific down to warm, sunny Florida. The starfish dish was a wedding gift; the green glass is perfect for a room dedicated to water, don't you think? I've always dreamed of someday living on some lofty Celtic cliff overlooking the crashing waves below. Listen. Can you hear them? Can you feel the salty spray carried up by the breeze? Mmmmmm...

6 comments:

Miss Riya said...

I love decorations that have a meaning or serve a purpose.
I have a huge glass jar with a glass lid that I store all of our vacation shells and rocks in. It is great becase we can turn it and view most of its contents, but the shells never get dusty.(I did this because of my pragmatic side). Your display looks free and fun it appeals to my artistic side.

Lady Farmer said...

Just lovely, Darling! We need to go to the ocean together sometime and gather Sand Dollars. Right about now, I am needing all the $$ I can get! :~}

Mama B said...

Miss Riya, I love the no-dust lid concept! I force myself to dust about once a year, so this would be beneficial to me, too. =)

Ma, too bad they don't convert, huh? I'll go whenever; just don't mention to R that we're going to the "big ocean"...

Zoe said...

I love the ocean too. And shells are a happy reminder of a warm balmy day on the beach. :)

We are headed home next Monday... where has the time gone?? I would LOVE to visit the Greenhouse, and have another chance to catch up with you. Our flight is an early morning one, and I really don't think you'd want visitors before breakfast! :) Maybe the next time we're in the neighborhood!

Mrs. E said...

What beautiful decorations.... I too love things from the sea!! Isn't fun to make everything in the home look beautiful?!! ;)

Blessings~ Miss Jen

Lavinia said...

The green glass starfish is indeed perfect to hold all these shells. That is beautiful. I love nautical, sea themed decor too...