Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sheets for the nursery

I can't find flat sheets anywhere that will fit a crib or toddler bed, so I decided to make some myself. I chose two cotton prints and switched the colors for each sheet's ruffle.

Morgan's pink sheet with green ruffle:


Raegan's green sheet with pink ruffle:

These were fairly simple to make once I figured out how I wanted them to look. I cut out the main rectangle to fit the mattress with allowance for the hems and enough overhang on each side. I wanted to be able to tuck about six inches under the end of the mattress, and have a little extra at the top to turn the pretty ruffle over the blanket. I zipped up the hems, and gathered the ruffle which is sewn to the underside of the sheet. Shabby chic, yes?

10 comments:

Liz said...

I didnt knew you sew! How fun!! both of my kids dont like to be covered up so I dont see myself making those anytime soon!

Mrs. E said...

Simply beautiful....
isn't sewing fun?!!

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

Zoe said...

What lucky little girls to have such a creative Mama! Love the fabrics.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So sweet ~ perfect for your little girls!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Michelle, you thoroughly impressed me.

Anne Marie said...

SUPER cute!

Lady Farmer said...

That's my girl! ;~P
I think every woman should have a sewing maching (and know how to use it) and every man should have a pickup truck (if they know how to drive!)

Mama B said...

Thank you all so much for your kind praise! I'm just getting myself back into sewing lately; I have put together a few things in the past (with Mama's help, of course!) I need a lot of practice still, but it's so much fun to think of something you'd like, and be a part of the creative process.

Melody said...

Those are so sweet.

You are so domestic!

We need to get together soon. I miss you guys!!

Lavinia said...

These are sooooooo darling!