Monday, March 9, 2009

A trip to the butcher

Mr. B had a gift card for Stewart's Meat Market from a couple of Christmases ago. Since it's such a long drive, we hadn't used it until this weekend. On Saturday we made a family outing of it, driving through the little snow flurries to a little shop in a little town...with a huge gathering of customers! Rae and Daddy went in to pick out what they wanted and returned with a quaint brown paper sack stuffed with good things, commenting, "That place is awesome!" On the way home we snacked on some very spicy jerky and landjaeger. It all looks so good, but my favorite is the crazy~fat bacon! Just look at the size of those slices. Yummm!

I know your mouth is watering right now!

6 comments:

Liz said...

That looks wonderful! Everything is better with baccon! We used to live by a butcher in North Carolina who had the most wonderful meats. Now we have safeway... I can still dream...

Miss Riya said...

STOP IT!.....I'm drooling all over my midterm assignments. LOL ;-D

Mrs. E said...

Indeed.... my mouth is watering! ;)
How wonderful....what a delight, thanks so much for sharing.

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

Lady Farmer said...

Yeah! You finally went! Don't you just love that place?! It is always so crowded. I asked them if they were ever going to expand or build a new place and they said 'No.' It is so old fashioned and crowded and has terrific meat, and they give samples and cooking hints, too!

Anonymous said...

YES!!! I can even smell it! ;)

Thanks for your comments on my blog - I always love hearing from you...

Melody said...

Yumm!! Where is this place?

My spinach salad is suddenly not tasting all that great!